Friday, January 2, 2009

School Days Kit from Scrap-n-Crop

The January kit from Scrap-n-Crop has a school theme, but it doesn't have to be used for that. I took the opportunity though to scrap some photos from Aaron's days at "school" this last year. :-) I created 6 layouts and 3 cards from the kit and still have some bits and pieces left over. You can purchase the kit here.
.
"Deep in Concentration" LO - patterned paper and stickers from the kit, matted the photo with a scrap from my cardstock scrap bin, used my dymo label machine and splashed some paint around so the alpha stickers stood out.


"Aaron's School Art" LO - Got brave with paint here and edged all the photos with black paint (must say that is way faster than matting with cardstock!!). Also painted the ART stickers with black so they stood out. Patterned paper and ribbon is from the kit.
"Learning with Puzzles" LO - everything on this LO is from the kit except for the "learning with" alpha stickers and the black paint I used to paint the "Puzzles" alphas. Cool apple embellishment aye.

"Ants on Apple aaa ..." LO - Base cardstock is from my stash, but used cardstock from the kit to matt the photos. Alpha stickers and apple embellishments are from the kit. The alphabet and apple rubbons are from my stash as well as the little ant stickers (they have been in my sticker collection for YEARS! glad I could finally use them). Ants on Apple is an alphabet song that Aaron has learnt as school and he knows it all off by heart ... I love hearing him sing it at random during the day :-)

"School Concert 2008" LO - All from the kit except for the cardstock in the middle which I sprayed with glimmer mist.

"India - Colours of Bollywood" LO - Same with this LO - all from the kit except the background cardstock and again I sprayed it with glimmer mist and the "Colours" alphas. I just cut a slot in the patterned paper for the programme of the concert to slide into. The title of the LO is from the song/dance that Aaron's class did. (This LO and the one above are a double LO.)

2 cards - all product from the kit. Ran the blue through the cuttlebug :-) Oh and I matted the flower with black cardstock and cut around it to give it a bit of depth.
"Play Card" - Cardstock, patterned paper and alpha stickers from the kit.
Check out the gallery to see Sharmaine's creations as well. She created a neat little board book as well as some LO's.
.
Now ... I already have ideas tearing around my head for the February kit! The trick now is to get on and get creating and don't leave it till the last minute!!! Wonder if I should take some stuff to Pangkor Island ... nahhh it'll just stay in my bag! I am going to blob on the beach and build sandcastles with the kids. :-)
.
So see you late next week ... no doubt I will have HEAPS of photos especially since I have a new camera!! We leave tomorrow morning, hoping to get on the road soon after breakfast.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh enjoy Pangkor Island ... it looked soooo fab last time! lucky things ...

Anonymous said...

wow that kit goes a long way. Enjoy the break away.

Penny said...

awesome work as always! Am so jelly you're going to that nice place again - have a great time!

penelope haque said...

gosh. these are lovely.
like how you are never exhausted of ideas. and been missing not having you around - no blog to read. :)