Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Woo Hoot and randomness


Don't really feel like woo hooting tonight. I am in a foul mood thanks to a certain little 3 year old redhaired boy!!!

How can he sit there for an hour with ONE mouth full (his first) of dinner crying, grizzling and complaining about totally weird and silly things without swallowing any of it! I have to admit I'm not particularly proud of my behaviour in dealing with him and I am certainly not proud of his!!

Anyway, after a couple of trips to the toilet I finally relented and let him spit out that first mouthful, made him eat 3 more (without peas, zucchini and meat!!), shovelled in a pot of yoghurt, a super quick bath and into bed. And thankfully (for his safety and my sanity) he was asleep within 5 minutes! Phew ... what's worse is I don't even feel that a piece of dark peppermint chocolate would make me feel better!!

But besides all that I know I have LOTs to be thankful and grateful for ... just have to see past the haze of crossness!!

First up would be 2 more sleeps till Lyndon's home (yeah he's been away this week!) :-}

15 more sleeps till Grandma arrives :-) (Hope you can cope with your crosspatch daughter as well as your grandkids Mum!!)

Aaron still wanting a hug from me even when I am so mad with him (that really amazes me, truly it does!).

Maddison has a new word ... gar (car). It gets said an awful lot during nappy change time as the change table is under the mirror in Aaron's room and the mirror has a heap of Car stickers on it, so all I hear is "gar, gar, gar, gar, gar, gar ..." :-)

Having a new scrapping toy to play with :-) I bought a Cuttlebug when we were in NZ and got 10 embossing folders for it as well. I've had a little play, but the kids have played with it more than me. Waiting for my scrapping mojo to return! (It better hurry up!)

Woo Hoot too that for the last 2 mornings the kids have woken at 6am rather than 3 or 4am!!

Okay that's about it ... I am going to shuffle photos and papers on my craft desk and see if inspiration strikes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yipeee for Lyndon coming home soon, and for your mum coming to visit you all. How exciting buying the cuttlebug over here and 10 folders, great thinking batman.

Anonymous said...

Ah, sounds like you've had one of "those" days! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. And how neat that Aaron still wants a cuddle even after being growled at - awww.

Love the photos in your last post, too.

Penny said...

Kids! That is all I will say. Sounds like he needed that sleep.

Yay for Cuttlebug goodness! I wondered if you'd got one. I think you might have more folders than me though ;) I love my swiss dots one.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwh Rachel ... you're both tired and bouncing negatively off each other!! Lyndons return will help settle things ... but for now just 'stop' ... don't force things; choose your battles. Kids don't starve themselves, if he refuses to eat ... say nothing,take the food away, don't battle - you're just wearing yourself out. take care.

Anonymous said...

Hahah, loved the "haze of crossness" comment!! At least they are getting back into the right time zone with their sleeps. Chin up dearie you Mum will be there to help in two weeks and I am sure that will be wonderful. Love M, K, C & E